fin logoFamily Inclusion Network (FIN) Queensland (Townsville)


familyCan I Refuse to Let Child Safety Services Into My Home?

However they can :

NOTE: Both the Child Safety and Police can be involved at the investigation stage. The Police have the same powers as Child Safety under the CPA. police

It is important to REMEMBER the following:

• The POLICE may carry out their own investigations separate to the Child Safety Services.

• If the Police stop investigating; or the matter does not go to court or you are found not guilty in criminal law proceedings, the DEPARTMENT may still have child safety concerns and a Child Protection Order may be sought.

Seek legal advice immediately if this


Back to contents

arrow forward

Next page.
Previous page.
© Family Inclusion Network (FIN) Queensland (Townsville) 2009.