The 10 Top Reasons to Attend a Support Group
- Where else can you go where people will understand how you are feeling?
- One of the rewards of Life is that no one can seriously help another without also helping themselves
- Living with difficult life situations colours life, but you choose the colour
- Shared feelings, not solutions, give the group power
- Hope and encouragement are important gifts of the group
- Anger, Grief and Loss are common feelings that it’s OK to talk about
- Knowledge is Power
- People discover it’s OK to care about oneself
- If you don’t want to talk you can always listen
- There are usually empty seats, refreshments are often served and there is always a rest room nearby
All parents, grandparents, significant others and FIN supporters are welcome.